Sunday, August 27, 2006

TROUBLE IN PARADISE

Although I have noticed a large decrease in the amount of stress I experience since leaving JEC and the Salvation Army shelter, not all is calm in Primavera Paradise. The case managers at Primavera Works insist that I go out on one of their manual labor jobs or lose my bed at the shelter. I've been able to avoid this so far but Adam recently advised me to get some work shoes and pants. I got the pants but there weren't any shoes at the Blue Door store, so I may be safe for another few days.

In the meantime, I am trying to get a letter from my former osteopathic surgeon that states I have osteoarthritis in both knees and cannot do prolonged heavy manual labor. Janitor work is just fine but pick and shovel work are out for me. I hope this letter will satisfy the case managers but if not, I plan to look into the implications of the Americans with Disabilities Act on my situation.

No comments: