Tuesday, September 05, 2006

THE BITCH AT THE SALLY*

*That's the Tucson Salvation Army homeless shelter. The bitch is Elisha and I think her last name is Contreras. Rufus (AKA Rebel) told me she booted him out for 90 days simply because he went to Sunday service at the Salvation Army church. I thought about that for a bit and decided to add in my own experiences with the little cunt. Here's the e-mail I sent to Salvation Army headquarters in Phoenix:

Dear Sir(s),


My name is Steven Jandreau and I was a resident at the Army's Tucson Shelter. I am still grateful for having a place to stay and food to eat during a time of need. However, that does not excuse the malicious behavior of Elisha, a case manager at the shelter. I personally know of several people who have had their lives made more difficult because of her decisions and here I will give two examples from my own experience.

1) One Saturday, I came down with a gastro-intestinal problem which later turned out to be Salmonella poisoning. I was admitted to St. Mary's Hospital the following Sunday and released on Monday after receiving 5 liters of saline solution. I was given a form by the chief nurse that my activities should be limited to 'as tolerated" and since I still had diarrhea, I assumed that I would be allowed to stay inside the shelter until the diarrhea had diminished. Elisha refused to let me stay inside and even refused my request for toilet paper. As a result, for the first time in my life, I defecated in public.

2) After several days of pain in my right knee, I went to see my PCP one Thursday. He drained about 40 cc. of fluid from my knee and later it was determined that pseudo-gout (calcium pyrophosphate) was the cause. The PCP gave me a note recommending that I be allowed to "stay inside" until my knee felt better. On Friday morning, Mr. Jerry Brillo read the note and said it was OK for me to stay inside. On Monday, Elisha said that it was not OK and that the note had to say "bed rest." Fortunately, my knee had healed by then, otherwise I would have been forced to walk around with a bad knee.




I sent this last THR and I will keep on this until I get a response.

No comments: