Wednesday, September 27, 2006

KENNY MAKES ANOTHER EXIT

Yesterday, I thought Vester told Ken that this would be his last week but he could've said his last day. Either way, Ken didn't show up for work at ACORN today and this appears to be a continuation of his downward spiral since he quit his job at the laundry.

When I went out with Ken to register voters, he would routinely turn in between 0 and 2 registrations except for the one time he got 8 at PCC West. (That time, I gave him 2 of my own to bring his total to 10 for the day.) Despite knowing that our hourly pay is pegged to how many voters we have signed up ($7 to start, $8 after the 1st 20, then dollar raises for each additional 20 until we max out at $10/hr), Ken refused to make any effort to sign-up voters. Finally, Vester's supervisor noticed and told Vester to fire Ken.

I also heard from Manny, a fellow register, that yesterday Ken tried to coerce Manny into buying Ken lunch. This means that once again, Ken has blown his food stamps well before the renewal date.

I'm sure Ken has many excuses for this but the preponderance of the blame falls on him and him alone.

No comments: